Saturday, May 21, 2005

A Voice from the Past...

It's me...it's me...it's that M-I-K-E. You may remember me from such award-losing shows as the Sportsvoice on WNUR FM Evanston-Chicago. Yes, I've taken a little bit of a hiatus from radio broadcasting, but don't worry I'm back here in Evanston engineering NU Softball. I've been dabbling in television broadcasting for the Northwestern News Network. It's severely reduced my on-air time with WNUR but there's no need to worry, I'll be reintroduced into the wild (world of 89.3) by fall I'm sure. As I'm engineering these games today I'm noticing some trends that were not exactly prevalent or kosher whilst I was an on-air "talent". Because there's not much else to do here in the OACR, I'll list them below...

1. Bill Raftery is quoted on every single broadcast and it's irrelevant whether it makes sense.

2. Ray Garcia is basing his color analysis on his own IM Softball umpiring experiences.

3. Dan Platt is not referencing Kate Drohan nearly enough for me to be comfortable listening.

4. Howard Tilman is flawless.

In closing, I would like to remind everyone that just because you don't hear my velvety voice, it doesn't mean you shouldn't continue to listen to WNUR's coverage of NU softball and lacrosse all weekend long.

Love Always,
Mike Laskasky

No comments: