Saturday, May 21, 2005

Twas the Night Before Glory...

Quite a busy day for the blog, huh? I didn't realize we were letting everyone on staff have their say on this thing. Although, I do appreciate hearing from Mr. Mike Laskasky. Go Sox!

Speaking of baseball, Guy and myself were able to partake in interleague glory at Camden Yards tonight. The O's led the Phillies 4-0 in the 6th when we decided to head back to Annapolis. I must say, Camden Yards lives up to all the hype. It is the best ballpark I've ever seen. Howard Tilman might not appreciate this, but Philly fans are quite obnoxious. I've heard stories, but witnessing the actions of about 20,000 Phillies fans tonight in Baltimore was quite entertaining.

Now we're just chillin in the hotel room, preparing for our NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP broadcast. I got a chance to watch most of the Duke-Virginia semifinal game Friday night, and I was quite impressed with Virginia. They're not the defending champs for nothing. Duke beat the Cavs twice during the season, but this team has shown the heart of a champion during this tournament. They've downed the second and third seeds on their trip to the title match.

My take on the Virginia-Duke game was that there was very little defense being played. Both sides were able to get the ball deep in their opponents' zone with little resistance. Many observers in the press box considered that game the real national championship game, showing little respect for our undefeated Wildcats. Well, I like Northwestern's chances on Sunday. They are more athletic than the Cavaliers, and they have Courtney Koester. After the game on Friday, Dartmouth coach Amy Patton called Koester the best in the nation at winning a draw.

So, you know I wouldn't dare pick against my own school in a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. My prediction: Northwestern 13, Virginia 10. Go Cats!

P.S. Don't be surprised if this one goes overtime...

No comments: