Friday, November 11, 2005

Holy Buckeye!

Well, it was quite an eventful afternoon here in Columbus, Ohio, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes. As is standard with any football charter trip, there was a massive spread of food. The bag sitting on our seat was packed with two sandwiches (roast beef and turkey) a Snickers, pudding, chips, and cheese and crackers. The beverage selection consisted of Gatorade and Water. For desert, delicious ice cream bars. I did not have those as the liquid nitrogen vapors on the exterior freaked me out a bit. We then stopped at the hotel before shipping off to the horseshoe. Howard, Danny, and I had the great pleasure of sharing an elevator with Coach Walker and Mrs. Coach Walker. After a bit of trouble figuring out how to operate this piece of modern technology called an elevator we made some small talk about the weather....It was quite awkward. We then arrived at the horseshoe and began to set up our radio equipment for tomorrow's broadcast. We're broadcasting from an outdoor camera deck with an overhang, so we should be quite cold tomorrow. No WNUR trip would be complete without set-up issues and this was the big mamma of issues. I'm not going to get into specifics, but it did involve me asking the ABC sports crew for a phillips head screwdriver so we could get inside the ISDN machine. All is well, but I'll leave it at that. We're looking forward to a great broadcast tomorrow. I've got nothing funny really, but I'm here to inform, not entertain. I'll let Howard talk about the best part of our afternoon and what really puts the "nail in the coffin" in the contest between Columbus and Laramie. Tilly will give the details, but it was by far one of the coolest experiences of my 21 year old life.

No comments: