Wednesday, December 28, 2005

So that's why they call it the Sun Bowl...

Good afternoon from sunny El Paso, Texas.

Our broadcast crew has arrived safely in El Paso and are preparing for the next three days in Texas.

Dan Platt, Guy Benson and I arrived on the charter plane just a few minutes ago and were greated warmly by an authentic Mariachi band, the same one that welcomed the teams into town a few days ago.

Our charter flight consisted of many school administrators, the cheerleaders and dance time as well as the famous Northwestern University Marching Band. And let me tell you traveling with the band is quite an experience. Here are some excerts from the band's rules for plane travel. "Do kick-off rituals during our taxi. During the flight attendant's saftey orientation point in every possible direction for 'emergency exits,' and after it is over, start a slow clap. During take off and landing, sing 'Go U.' Plane surf during turbulance."

My initial reaction upon seeing these rules was simple - utter speechlessness. As the band began singing the fight song during takeoff I was not only embaressed for myself, but for them as well. I mean wow...

Anyhow, our preperations are underway for the next few days of Sun Bowl coverage. Stay tuned right here for further updates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be glad I'm back here in the studio...if I was with you guys, I would definately have joined in on the fight song singing...and sung it at every opportunity...and probably sung "Boomer Sooner" as we passed over Oklahoma...

Fear the post-game show.